1. Bible Club meets @ lunch in H213
2. South Dancers meet @ lunch in the little gym
3. Schedule change forms will be available in the Curriculum Office starting today. Go to the classes on your schedule until you have been notified otherwise.
4. Seniors! This is your last chance to get your quotes in the Yearbook. The final deadline is January 15th, so turn them into the main office before next Wednesday.
5. All boys wanting to tryout out for boys hockey. There will be a tryout Monday, January 13 at 2:45. The tryout will be at Subway Ice Rink. This is a 1 day tryout to fill in open spots in the program. All positions being considered. If you are interested all paperwork needs to be filled out and turned into athletic office by Friday January 10th.
6. All students interested in playing baseball this spring need to attend a short meeting at the beginning of lunch in the little gym this Friday. Again, Meeting this Friday, at lunch, in the little gym, for all baseball players. Talk to Coach Nerland for more information.
7. UAA will be offering an application workshop at South on Friday, January 17th. UAA representatives will be available from 8am-3pm in G213 to help students through the UAA application process. The application fee will be applied to your UAA Student Account. You will need to know your social security number. Any questions, see your counselor.
8. MLK Citywide Celebration
Bartlett High School Theater
9. Informational Session on Anti-Bullying Strategies in the ASD
Wednesday, 1/22/2014 & March 26, 2014
ASD Education Center/Boardroom
Presenters: Jan Davis & Melanie Sutton
Summary: Learn how the ASD promotes student excellence in learning & working environments that are positive, safe, respectful and personally/socially responsible.
10. Multicultural Education Concerns Advisory Committee Meeting
Thursday, January 30, 2014
ASD Education Center/Boardroom
Public Comment is welcome!
11. iSchool registration is now available for second semester, see your counselor for information!
12. What are you going to do after high school? There’s a new after-school elective class covering options after high school. It starts in January and covers careers, schools, financial aid options, essay writing, applications, test taking skills…and more! See your counselor for an application.
13. Medical Terminology will be offered second semester to students who want to learn the language of health care!
Science credit can be earned, and well as optional UAA credits for students who meet the requirements.
Tentative start date is late January from 2:10 to 4:45 after school. See Mrs. Campbell in F213 (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Mr. Backstrum (email@example.com) in F212 to be added to the list of interested students.
14. YOU NEED COMPUTER SKILLS! Computer Applications class will be offered for FREE after school (starting in January). This is an exciting opportunity to gain essential computer skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. We will also focus on keyboarding skills and building typing speed. Students will earn elective credit and become certified as Microsoft Office Specialists. This will look awesome on job applications and resumes. See Mrs. Jones in room F211 to sign up.
15. The next upcoming UAA Preview Day is on Friday, January 31st and for more information please go to: http://www.uaa.alaska.edu/preview/